Our Brief History
Gulf Central Company has a rich history of almost three decades in the kingdom with continuous growth as an innovative food solution provider.
The journey started in 1991 when the Al Nujaidi Trading Food Establishment (“MAN”) was established in Riyadh region with an aim to source, across Europe and Asia, the finest products range which mainly include seafood, dairy, meat, pastas, beverages, fruits and vegetables. Mr. Shafqat Khan was the key Personnel who not only established long term relationships with the suppliers but also developed loyal customers.
Sea Shell Trading to Gulf Central Company
MAN established relationships with the renowned suppliers and key customers and kept growing until in 1998 it was acquired by the Seashell Trading Establishment (“Seashell”) which was founded by Mr. Omar Bin Mohammed Abdullah Sharif. It started a new era of growth and relationship between Mr. Omar Sharif and Mr. Shafqat Khan. Over the years Seashell strengthened its footprints in the region and continuous increase in customers and also enhanced the supply chain.
In 2008, Seashell was converted into a limited liability company with the name of Gulf Central Company Limited (“GCC”) to expand its horizons across the kingdom.
Since then there was no stopping and the business not only deep rooted in the central region but also expanded in the eastern and western provinces of the kingdom . Annual revenue of above 250 million and employee count of above 120 reflects that the company is on the right path following its vision and enjoys the luxury of above 700 loyal customers and about 200 reputable suppliers.
- To become the leading speciality food supplier in the industry
- To provide unconditional consumer satisfaction in the area of quality & service
- To establish a benchmark in the food industry for speciality products
- To institute quality standards in compliance with international standard systems, ISO and SASO & HACCP
- To create a sound organizational structure for the benefit of employee and executive management
- To maximize sales targets in the boundaries of legal and ethical norms
- To introduce new innovative products in line with ever growing market trends